I don’t know how much time I waste preparing to act, if you’re anything like me, you probably spend a lot of time on busy work that looks like action.
It’s even harder to break away from when everyone wants to sell you tactics on moving forward, but that’s just more busywork.
Here’s my new mantra, feel free to email me more examples and I’ll add them to the list:
- You can try to learn about the thing you want to do, but then you need to do it.
- You can prepare to do the work, but then you do it.
- You can research forever, or you can do it.
- You can theorise, or do it.
- You can do practice, but then you do it.
- You can plan all you want, but you need to do it.
- You can do the routine, incite the muse, and pray to god. But then you still need to do it.
Taking action is the goal. The rest is decoration.
Let’s not get suckered in by everyone selling us another ten step plan, quick action guide, checklist for success. Let’s just do it.