Ello is a new social network, aimed to take on Facebook by not selling peoples information. It’s invite only, and has a very sparse set of features.
- Follow people like Twitter
- usernames like Twitter
- focus on posting like Twitter / Tumblr
- posts are re-shareable, full of media, more like Tumblr than FB.
- Execution is really bad.
- It’s really strange to navigate and use.
- Doesn’t work on mobile at all.
- While the team seems to be scrambling, nothing seems to be happening.
- VC funded with no business model. This is worse that Twitters year over year fail to turn a profit.